I love to read. If there is something that I love to do as much as I love writing it is reading. I go through books like a fat boy goes through a box of donuts. I cannot get enough of books. I'm more of the fantasy, mystery kind of books. Every so often I will read a romance book but they are not my fancy. I have read the occasional biography, but I find them uninteresting. As of lately I have gone through every book in my book case, books given to me by my parents, and every book that my biological mother has given me (which amounts to a lot!).
I have been so stuck with trying to figure out what to read next that I have now gone through the Harry Potter series for the umpteenth time. I have always wanted to read the classics, but have found some kind of excuse not to. Now I have no excuse, and I am going to challenge myself to get through as many of the classics as I can in a year starting today. I will then write my thoughts on the books here (cause I can :) ).
In the spirit of Halloween the first classic I have decided to read is Dracula by Bram Stoker. So far I kind of like it. I'm about two chapters in and I find it rather interesting. They style of writing is rather interesting as well. I have to remember that it was written back in 1897, and the writing styles are far different from they are now . . . well kind of.
For those of you who are interested in the kitty issues our family has been enduring here is your update:
Muggles is doing better. She is more prone to eat on her own, thank heavens! Her right hind leg is still paralyzed :( It is showing improvement, though the improvement is VERY small. You can tell it bugs her that her leg is not working, and that makes me really sad. However, she is becoming more playful! Macy was able to get her to play with some yarn a few days back, and since then she has been playing a bit more each day. YAY!
For some reason she has taken a disliking to her litter box. She has peed in my closet, my bed (while I was sleeping in it), and the laundry room. She has also pooped in my closet, on Macy's bedroom floor, and on a pink blanket beside her litter box. As of right now those are the only places we know of that she has done her business. We have done everything we can possibly think of to get her to use a litter box. We have even gone as far as placing the litter on a garbage bag on the floor so she didn't have to try and hoist herself into the box. She now has two litter boxes (her new one has a ramp that goes into the box so she doesn't have to really jump); one upstairs and one downstairs, and she has yet to use either one . . . Baby steps I have to keep telling myself. I'd rather have her peeing on the carpet than in the hospital in kidney failure.

No comments:
Post a Comment