Monday, January 30, 2012

Hydrogen, Carbon, and Oxygen!!

I can't believe that I have been in school almost a month . . . and I'm still alive!  I'll be honest I was little scared with starting back up in school after having been gone so long.  One thing I think is really funny is when people ask you about your major, or how far along in your studies you are, and they act all surprised that I'm not further along.  In my mind I'm usually thinking "I have a cosmetology license . . . I haven't been picking my nose for the past 7 years!"  Sometimes I find out that the person I am talking to has served a mission and is either a year younger than me or is my age, and is about as far as I am . . . Don't really think they have room to judge.  Lol.  Just my thoughts.  Ha ha.

I have my first exam in Biology coming up on Wednesday, and I cannot tell you how much I have been studying.  Saturday I got home around 1pm after having lunch with the bro. Josh, and got straight to studying.  The next time I took a break and looked at the clock it was 6pm. Time flies when you're studying lol.  My brain is literally pulsing from all the information I am shoving into it.  Interestingly, as much as it is a pain to study, I love it!  I am honestly glad for my decision to come back to school and pursue my passion.  However, I wish I didn't have to take Political Science (snore).  I am not exactly all that interested in Politics.  I just want a President who will run our country honestly, and get America out of this crazy debt . . . A drop in gas prices would be nice too haha.

So this last week has been rather eventful for my family.  Macy went in and finally had her jaw surgery to fix her cross bite and under bite.  She went in on Monday at 5:30am.  I cannot tell you how depressing it is to watch her go through this.  I wish with every fiber of my being that I could trade her places!  Her moth is elastic shut (because they no longer wire them), and she has this weird thing they call a splint that sits between her teeth.  We have to feed her through a syringe that has a catheter hooked to it.  She has been eating so many liquids they could start pouring out of her ears at any moment.  Luckily she goes to the doctor tomorrow to get permission to begin eating soft foods like mashed potatoes, jello, soft pasta . . . Her lower jaw they removed bone to move her jaw back, and she has four plates in her upper jaw.  She absolutely needed it done, because her jaw was causing her pain when she chewed.  There were times when she would be eating that you could hear her jaw pop, or a tendon snap.  Thankfully she is doing better each and everyday!

Oooooh I completely forgot to update you on Muggles!!  She is using her hind leg!  She is finally getting some feeling back in the foot slowly :)  Major improvement!  I am so excited!  She has become more social and even comes out of Macy's room now.  The vet that caused all this drama with Muggles black listed my family because we complained.  They began to make it difficult for Snickers (the dog) to get groomed.  So we are no longer using Willow Creek.  Yes that is right the name of that horrible place is Willow Creek . . . And the owner is a . . . Well he is not a good man (to put it in nicer terms).

Time for more Biology!
xoxo - McCall

No comments: