Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tis The Season!

I cannot believe that Christmas is just a few days away!  I feel like just yesterday we were celebrating the fourth of July!  Funny.  This Christmas I have been searching for a calm and stress free Christmas . . . I am some what having one haha.  I was called to be the pianist for the ward choir this year so the past few months have been full of me practicing for the choir's numbers for the 25th.  Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist, and I expect the best from me (which can be a curse).  I have been practicing hours each day trying to perfect these pieces.  There are 5 songs that I am playing.  Two are pretty easy, but I can't really slack on playing them because sometimes the easiest pieces are the ones you can really mess up.  There are two that test my patience, and the timing on one is annoying.  Ha ha.

Most recently I have noticed that my wrists are killing me.  The past couple days it has been painful to put any weight on my hands, and bending my wrists kills.  I tried to play the piano the other day, but reaching for some of the chords was causing pain to run up my arm to my elbow.  There are a couple things that could be contributing to my aching wrists . . . First, the past few months of continual hourly practices of the piano (I haven't really practiced like this since I took piano lessons nearly 6 years ago).  Secondly it could also be that at my work, my typing load has gone up and so I am typing a lot.  However, I don't know exactly how typing on the keyboard could attribute to the pain in the wrists.  Who knows . . .  All I know is that my wrists are killing me lol.

Oh, so my Mom and I went out and bought my books for school.  Holy crap the prices of the books nearly killed me!  Even used I was apalled.  The lady at the cashier nearly had to rip my card out of my hand to run it ha ha.  Colleges really milk students for all their money with the price of tuition and then with the price of books, then you add in the parking permit . . . Good heck!  I should just give them my left arm as payment haha.  Gotta love the price of a good education :)  It'll all pay off in the end.  That I know.

I hope you all have an amazing Christmas Season, and enjoy the season with your family! 

Merry Christmas!
I know this song isn't like "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" but the arrangement of this song,
and how it is sung is beautiful.  Enjoy!


xoxo McCall


No comments: