It is during times like this that remind me of how fleeting life is. Every day is a precious gift to make something of the day. Tell those who we hold closest to our hearts how much we love them, and possibly even help someone's day just a little bit better. For those of you who don't know my cousin was killed in a paragliding accident on Saturday April 21st. Matt is only 33. He married a beautiful woman named Crystal who has three beautiful children from a previous marriage. Their first child together was born at the beginning of April (I believe it was April). Her name is Victoria. My heart weeps for Crystal and their kids.
I love Matt, even though we haven't really ever "hung out," or seen each other as I have some of my other cousins, I love him. I don't think he ever knew but I thought he was a pretty cool kid when I was younger. Granted it was probably because he is the only grandson on my Dad's side of the family.
Not only is Matt no longer with us it is coming up will be 2 years since my grandma passed (my dad's mom). She was my best friend. And when I say best friend I mean it. I told her all my secrets. I was never afraid to tell her how I felt, and I knew that I could always get a warm hug, tomato soup, coke, and some kind of candy from her. When she passed it felt like a piece of me died. I love her so much and there is never a day where I don't think of her.
I guess where I'm going with this is that I am so grateful for the Atonement and my Savior. Because of his sacrifice I am going to be able to see Matt, my grandma, my grandpa, and much more relatives again. Though they are gone I will be blessed to see them again one day. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for this opportunity.
I don't know what your beliefs are. Whether you believe in a "great beyond, after life" or what not. But I know deep down and without a doubt that there will come a day when I too will pass and will be able to be with my loved ones again.
Our loved ones are never far from our minds and hearts.
God bless.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment